MARINE CORPS LEAGUE OF GALVESTON COUNTY #668 SCHOLARSHIP FUND
PURPOSE: To grant scholarships to qualified applicants in order of preference and need as follows:
All Galveston County…
- Active duty Marines
- Honorable discharged Marines
- Active duty and honorably discharged USMC Corpsmen who have or are servicing with the Marine Corps
- The above mentioned spouse, children and grandchildren.
- The spouse, children and grandchildren of Marines and USMC Corpsmen who have serviced with the Marine Corps and who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
- The spouse, children and grandchildren of active Marines Corps League, Associate and Auxiliary members.
- Members of the active Marine Corps Reserve and members of the active Naval Reserve who are servicing with the Marine Corps, their spouse, children and grandchildren.
REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A SCHOLARSHIP GRANT:
- Applicant must complete the scholarship form and submit it to the Scholarship Committee, in a timely manner, for review.
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s High School, College or Military Command.
- An accompanying letter from the applicant with a brief history of the applicant and their future goals.
- Deadline for submission is sixty days prior to the first day of the month in which the semester begins.
- Proof of Educational Institution’s acceptance must be received before funds will be disbursed.
- Must carry a minimum of three hours, except for active duty or Reserve Marines who are employed full time.
The approval and value of each scholarship shall be recommended by the Scholarship Committee and is subject to budget limitations and the availability of Funds.
All checks will be made payable to the Educational Institution. The name and address of institution to be supplied by the applicant.
A limit of $800.00 per student/semester is set.
A limit of $4.000.00 per student per institutional tenure.
A limit of $12,000.00 per family is set.